In this article, I’m sharing quick tips to say goodbye to junk food, forever!
It’s easy to get tied up in quick fix foods. The convenience of having snacks in a machine near your desk at your disposal and the desire to indulge in these unhealthy cravings can be hard to combat. With a little help, you can say goodbye to junk food forever. It takes a little dedication and guidance. Read on for quick tips to say goodbye to junk food, forever!
1. Make a grocery list with the exact ingredients you need for the healthiest meals you can make. Stick to that list and deviate very little if at all. Most junk food is purchased while wandering the aisles of your grocery store on an empty stomach, so make sure you eat before your shopping trip! Also, be sure to purchase a plentiful amount of fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables should make up a large portion of your diet. Consuming too much meat or not enough produce can result in hormone imbalances and vitamin deficiencies.
2. Have “quick-grab” breakfast options available! This includes smoothies! It takes approximately 90 seconds to pulse and puree a smoothie loaded with fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats! Quick tip: Add avocado to your smoothies! The creaminess of the avocado provides a delicious yet creamy texture to your smoothie!
3. You can also make-ahead banana muffins using almond or coconut flour for the week or your own homemade granola bars. At-home preparations ensure you are eating the highest quality ingredients without the extra chemicals and synthetic ingredients found in most grocery stores. Your local health food store should also carry organic berry granola cereal that can be eaten fairly quickly in the morning with organic almond milk! The possibilities are endless and breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
4. Along with grab-and-go breakfast options, pack your lunch and snacks for the time you will spend away from home. Wash and slice strawberries, grab a banana, handful of nuts, or other dried fruit such as mango. Not only are these options fulfilling, but they are healthy! Much healthier than that chocolate bar or the pack of chips in the vending machine! If you’re running short on time, search for a family-owned restaurant in your area or farm-to-table business for lunch. These establishments are more likely to have organic and whole food meal options that will ensure you stay on track with your clean-eating diet!
5. Hold yourself accountable. Make a goal to eat clean for a certain number of days. After you’ve reached this goal, set another goal! Before you know it, you can rely solely on self-control and habit to eat clean! Goals are always a great way to demonstrate your progress.
Eating clean will come naturally to you. With the right amount of motivation and dedication to your health, you can do anything you desire. Just make sure that clean eating is a priority and follow these tips. You’ll be a clean-eating pro in no time!